VinoVida – Classic Tasting
There will be one Classic tasting today – Friday, February 25th at 7PM.
Tasting Menu (Classic tasting only)
- – 2017 Amadio White Label Chardonnay Adelaide Hills (Not rated)
- – 2018 The Messenger Chara Red Blend California Shenandoah Valley (88 pts Wine Enthusiast)
- – 2017 McIntyre Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands (93 pts Wine Enthusiast, 92 Wine Spectator)
- – 2017 Grafted Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley (Not rated)
- – 2018 San Lorenzo The Pearl Old Vine Red Alexander Valley (93 pts Wine Enthusiast)
Our Tasting Room experience for VinoVida will be different than our others, in a very exciting way. VinoVida represents and distributes many high-quality labels and produces two of its own. So at any given VinoVida tasting, you would taste wines from many different places, from Australia to Oregon to Washington State to Napa and Sonoma. And instead of sampling wines from one winery, VinoVida will offer an experience of 5 different wineries, all top quality and available only at the wineries themselves or through VinoVida.
VinoVida is a wine company “on a mission”, literally. A portion of the profits of VinoVida go to support mission work, assisting and elevating people around the world, and the stories of their wines tell a broader story of global impact. VinoVida’s vision is “Love Wine. Love People”. They distribute over 50 different wines. We’ve tasted about 14 of them, and there is not a bad wine in their portfolio. Many of these wines come from wine industry leaders like Pete Seghesio and many of the wines are sourced from some of the best vineyards and producers in the world. Yet most of the wines are very affordable, offering extremely high value.
In this VinoVida tasting, you will enjoy a crisp Chardonnay from Australia, a complex Grenache Blend from the Shenandoah Valley, an elegant Pinot from Santa Lucia Highlands, a fantastic Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, and we’ll finish with a stunner, the San Lorenzo Pearl Zinfandel from winemaker Pete Seghesio, which has scored as high as 97 points in Wine Spectator (2016 vintage). The Pearl is only available at the winery and through VinoVida!
For this special Christmas season tasting, you’ll be inspired by the stories behind the labels and the wines. Grafted, VinoVida’s proprietary label, tells the story of the life-giving gift that is at the heart of the Christmas Story. Chara, the aforementioned Grenache blend, is the Greek word for joy, one of the most distinctive and wondrous qualities of the holiday season.
Come join us for a “tour of tastes” with a higher purpose, at either of our new Tasting Room locations, downtown Dallas at Crozier Hall on Friday, December 3rd, or in Flower Mound, at the new Soupçon wine bar, on Saturday, December 4th.
VinoVida Portfolio Recent Ratings Highlights
- – 2016 San Lorenzo The Pearl Old Vine Red Alexander Valley 97 pts Wine Spectator
- – 2016 San Lorenzo Rock Garden Zinfandel Alexander Valley 94 pts Wine Spectator
- – 2017 McIntyre Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands McIntyre Estate 92 pts Wine Spectator
- – 2018 Journeyman Chardonnay Russian River Valley 93 pts Wine Spectator
- – 2018 Journeyman Pinot Noir Russian River Valley 91 pts Wine Spectator