VGS Chateau Potelle Wine Tasting & Food Course Menu
Special Event Tasting Menu ($150) Subject to change
Food courses provided by Café Momentum.
- Wine: Chardonnay 2019 – 50% Russian River Valley/50% Napa Valley
- Food: Cajun Spiced Gulf Shrimp & Homestead Grist Mill Grits with Sauteed Trinity and Tomato Buerre Blanc
- Wine: VGS Potelle Two 2019 Red Blend – Napa Valley
- Food: Garlic Rubbed Sourdough with Texas Cavier and Bonton Goat Cheese
- Wine: VGS Zinfandel 2018 – Alta Vista Vineyard, Moon Mountain District, Sonoma
- Food: Lamb Kafta Meatballs with Spicy Yogurt
- Wine: VGS Cabernet Sauvignon 2018 – Wildcat Mountain Vineyard, Mt. Veeder, Napa Valley
- Food: Honey Glazed Duck Breast with Farro Risotto and Cherry Gastric
- Wine: Fourmeaux Red Blend 2017 – Mt. Veeder/Napa Valley
- Food: Coffee Rubbed 44 Farm Strip Loin with Mushroom Demi & Horseradish Mash
About Jean-Noel Fourmeaux and VGS Chateau Potelle
Sent to the Napa Valley by the French government in 1980 to “spy” for six months, this son of Bordeaux sent a telegram home: “Looks good, I stay.” Jean-Noel Fourmeaux was seduced by the exuberance and generosity of the Napa Valley fruit and was inspired by the freedom given to California winemakers that allowed for great creativity and expression. Jean-Noel is a 35-year-veteran of the wine industry in Napa Valley, yet his winery, VGS Chateau Potelle, is known only by those who search for wines that have dimension, subtlety and definitive character. Their assertiveness is all in the layers of nuances, not in the over-ripeness of fruit. To make “main stream” wines has never been his calling, which makes him a perfect fit for The Tasting Room at Gilley’s!
Over the last 35 years, Chateau Potelle has built a solid reputation for its commitment to quality. Selling exclusively and directly to consumers, they have earned the trust of an outstandingly loyal clientele. Winemaking, like parenting, is an art always reinvented. Every year it’s different, just as every child is different. There are guidelines, of course, but no defined set of rules. You adapt to accompany each as they develop and grow; control does not really work. Chateau Potelle’s vision is to produce wines of style and character that are representative of their birth place, wines that have a sense of that place and that exhibit their distinctive personality.
Recent Rating Highlights
- 2018 Syrah VGS – 93 pts Wine Advocate
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Terroir Selection Oakville – 95+ pts Wine Advocate
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Terroir Selection Yountville – 94 pts Wine Advocate
- 2016 Red Blend Fourmeaux – 94+ pts Wine Advocate